If you want to look the part with your T-shirt off this summer – and let’s face it, you do – your diet is just as important as your gym efforts. This fat-burning meal plan features protein-rich foods with every meal to fill you up and help you avoid the temptation to snack on waistline-expanding junk food, while the spicy curry recipe below – provided by Michelin-starred chef and duathlete Alan Murchison – will help to fire your metabolism up so you burn extra calories. Bring on the beach.
2 poached eggs with avocado provide joint-soothing omega 3s and anti-inflammatory plant sterols.
Tuna salad with spinach and olives contains muscle-building protein and heart-healthy fats.
Ingredients (serves 4)
100g fresh ginger, grated / 2 sticks of lemongrass, finely chopped / 1 fresh chilli, finely chopped / 1tbsp olive oil / 2tbsp Thai green curry paste /1 can coconut milk / 450ml water / 1 chicken stock cube / 300g chicken fillets, diced / 1 pack of straight-to-wok noodles / 1 bag of mixed stir-fry veg / 2tbsp Thai fish sauce / Juice of 1 lime / 1 bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Heat a large non-stick saucepan, add the olive oil, ginger, lemongrass and chilli and cook for three to four minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the coconut milk, water, curry paste and stock cube, bring to the boil and simmer for eight minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for ten minutes.
- Add the vegetables and noodles and simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set to one side for five minutes, then season with the fish sauce and lime juice.
- Add the fresh coriander and serve.
Greek yogurt with blueberries is a source of bone-strengthening vitamin K.
Get the Coach Newsletter
Sign up for workout ideas, training advice, reviews of the latest gear and more.
Coach is a health and fitness title. This byline is used for posting sponsored content, book extracts and the like. It is also used as a placeholder for articles published a long time ago when the original author is unclear. You can find out more about this publication and find the contact details of the editorial team on the About Us page.