One-Pan Chicken And Chorizo Recipe For An Easy, Healthy Dinner
Bored with eating chicken all the time? Give it an Iberian twist by spicing it up with peppers and chorizo
When you’re trying to eat healthy, it’s reasonable to expect that to make a sacrifice somewhere in order to ensure that the dish is genuinely virtuous. You know, cutting out foods that taste great to guarantee the right nutrient profile, or spending ages using complex ingredients to tease out a bit of flavour. You’ll be glad to know that those fears are unfounded – you can make a healthy, tasty, easy one-pot dish like this. Just follow the simple instructions to make yourself an Iberian feast.
Ingredients (Serves Two)
- 4 chicken leg
- 50g chorizo, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp herbes de Provence
- 570ml chicken stock
- 1tbsp plain flour
- Black pepper and cayenne pepper
- Handful of new potatoes
- Handful of parsley
- 7 Quick Ways To Eat Roast Chicken
- 5 High-Protein Recipes To Help Improve Your Diet
- Five Quick Healthy Recipes
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the chorizo until softened. Then add the chicken and fry on both sides until golden brown. Remove from the pan
- Add the onion, garlic, peppers and potatoes to the pan and cook until softened
- Return the meat to the pan and stir in the flour, chicken stock, tomatoes and herbs
- Season to taste, then place on the hob to simmer on low heat for one hour
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Get the Coach Newsletter
Sign up for workout ideas, training advice, reviews of the latest gear and more.
Coach is a health and fitness title. This byline is used for posting sponsored content, book extracts and the like. It is also used as a placeholder for articles published a long time ago when the original author is unclear. You can find out more about this publication and find the contact details of the editorial team on the About Us page.