How To Make A Martini In Under 60 Seconds
Let our Drinks Coach Rich Woods show you how easy it is to make Bond's go-to tipple
Ooooooof, Spectre’s a bit flippin’ good, isn't it? Chances are, you enjoyed the latest James Bond film so much that you’ve developed a savings-crushing lust for a spanking new Aston Martin DB10, a wallet-burning need for an Omega Seamaster watch and a salary-hammering hunger for a crisp new Tom Ford suit. Luckily, there’s one aspect of Bond’s kickass lifestyle that won’t cost the Earth... and only takes a minute to make. Here’s how you can drink just like, no, even better than 007...
What You’ll Need
Loads of ice
50ml dry vermouth
Orange or lemon zest
How to Make it
1. Fill your martini glass with ice to chill it right down.
2. Pour the vodka and dry vermouth into a cocktail shaker. Top up the shaker with ice and stir, not shake, the whole thing.
3. Discard the ice from your glass, then pour in your cocktail using a strainer.
4. Cut yourself some fresh lemon or orange zest. Squeeze it over your drink and, if you’re really fancy, rub it up the stem of your glass.
5. Drink up, and proceed to save London/Great Britain/the world from the clutches of an evil businessman/mad scientist/metal-toothed giant.
Get the Coach Newsletter
Sign up for workout ideas, training advice, reviews of the latest gear and more.
Craft beer drinker, Devonian, fisherman and former content director of Coach online, Chris contributed style coverage and features between 2016 and 2019.