Bored with scrambled eggs? Try this spicy Turkish dish to add some variety to your morning meals. As well as the protein provided by the eggs, you get a hefty dose of muscle fuel from the yoghurt. The other ingredients provide both delicious flavours and more health benefits.
2 eggs / 1½ cloves garlic, crushed / 100g Greek yoghurt / 20ml extra virgin olive oil / 10g unsalted butter / ½tsp dried chilli flakes / 1 stalk fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped / 25ml white wine vinegar
- Mix the garlic with the yoghurt and half the olive oil. Whisk for ten seconds and put to one side.
- Melt the butter in a small pan until it is a nutty brown colour. Remove from the heat, add the chilli and stir, allowing it to sizzle.
- Add the remaining oil and parsley, then set aside.
- Add the vinegar to a deep pan of simmering water and poach the eggs.
- Serve the eggs in a bowl on top of the yoghurt mixture and pour the olive oil/butter mixture over the top.
Eggs are a great source of essential amino acids and testosterone-boosting zinc.
Greek yoghurt is low-GI, so it helps to keep blood sugar levels steady and prevent energy crashes.
Chilli flakes are a source of capsaicin, which increases your metabolic rate, causing your body to burn more calories.
Olive oil contains plenty of heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
Get the Coach Newsletter
Sign up for workout ideas, training advice, reviews of the latest gear and more.
Coach is a health and fitness title. This byline is used for posting sponsored content, book extracts and the like. It is also used as a placeholder for articles published a long time ago when the original author is unclear. You can find out more about this publication and find the contact details of the editorial team on the About Us page.