However, you might never have ventured to use it outside of those deliveries and that’s a shame, because harissa paste is now fairly easy to find in supermarkets and can even be made at home if you’re feeling adventurous. Whether you prefer to buy or make your harissa, you’ll need some for this tasty chicken recipe from Joe Wicks.
The recipe has been created by Wicks for Gousto as part of his new range of Lean In 15 recipes. The range, which doesn’t exclusively stick to 15-minute meals but is made up of speedy, simple recipes, includes high- and low-carb options. This one is high in carbs and is ideal to help you refuel on active days.
Ingredients (Serves Two)
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- 1 large chicken breast fillet
- 80g trimmed fine green beans
- 15g pumpkin seeds
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 32g tomato purée (about 2tbsp)
- 120g couscous
- 20g harissa paste
- 80g natural yogurt
- Our 35 Favourite Super-Fast Meal Ideas From Joe Wicks
- Joe Wicks’s Chickpea Kofte Pitta With Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- Joe Wicks’s Lentil Bolognese Recipe Is An Absolute Winner
- EXCLUSIVE: Joe Wicks’ Four-Week Fat Loss Workout
- Boil a kettle and chop the chicken breast into small, bite-sized pieces. Chop the green beans in half. Roughly chop the cherry tomatoes.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large, wide-based pan (preferably non-stick with a lid) over a medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chopped chicken and green beans, and cook for three to four minutes or until the chicken has browned all over.
- While the chicken is browning, add the couscous to a heatproof bowl. Crumble in half the chicken stock cube and add 200ml boiled water, cover and set aside.
- Dissolve the remaining chicken stock cube in 100ml boiled water. Stir in the tomato paste and harissa paste – this is your harissa stock.
- Once the chicken is browned, add the cherry tomatoes and harissa stock to the pan. Cook, covered, for five to seven minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (there should be no pink meat), the sauce has thickened and the tomatoes are starting to break down. Season with a generous grind of black pepper.
- Fluff the couscous up with a fork. Serve the harissa and tomato chicken with the couscous on the side. Dollop on some natural yogurt and sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds.
Get the Coach Newsletter
Sign up for workout ideas, training advice, reviews of the latest gear and more.
Nick Harris-Fry is a journalist who has been covering health and fitness since 2015. Nick is an avid runner, covering 70-110km a week, which gives him ample opportunity to test a wide range of running shoes and running gear. He is also the chief tester for fitness trackers and running watches, treadmills and exercise bikes, and workout headphones.